Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Episode 008: Asking Questions

"If we are not able to ask skeptical questions, to be skeptical about science, then we're up for grabs." -Carl Sagan


I remember sitting in the classroom and thinking that I was probably the only person who didn't know what was going on, as all the other students were intently sitting there and writing down all the information that the teacher was putting on the board. As the year progressed, and I made more friends, I found out that nobody knew exactly what was going on. Everyone had questions, and yet noone was asking them. Usually, noone wants to stand out, be vulnerable and admit that they DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.

The truth is, nobody really knows what is going on. We have a good approximation of what's going on. Asking questions is so important to feeling empowered and confident about what you do as a physics student, as well as everywhere else in your life. Don't ever let someone make you feel bad for asking a question.

If you have any questions pertaining to physics, leave a comment, and I will do my best to help you out. Good luck!



Download this episode (right click and save)